Celebrate with Flourish Scarecrow



Here in SC our weather finally cooled down a bit - the temperature finally dropped below ninety degrees and the humidity has also decreased.  This is what is called early fall in the south.  At this time of year I miss Michigan.... I liked the change of colors, Indian Summer, apple cider being made at the orchard.... Big sigh....   My Michigan State Spartans were playing in 60 degree weather on Saturday... I had quite the longing for "real fall." To help me through my "real fall." longings, I decided to make a fall-esque card.   


I used the scare crow from Cricut's Celebrate with Flourish Lite cartridge.  I did enhance the layers a bit with Copic markers - he was designed to be more of a silhouette, but I wanted more detail.   I cut some beige fringe and used that as hay.  His face was created using a circle punch for the face and small Peachy Keen stamps for the features.  I cut a matting out using my nesties - I think this is label nine, but don't quote me on that.


I used a circle punch and a scalloped circle punch to create the pumpkin circle embellishment.  The pumpkin is from one of the background papers. 


I have two sets of small fall and Halloween stamps that I really like.  I stamped a large greeting inside the card and I used the smaller pumpkin patch phrase stamp to embellish the corners of the card.  In the end I had fun making the card, but the desire for fall is still there.  And before any of you remind me, I am honest enough to admit that come January I will perfectly happy to live in SC.  We get all of two or three weeks of winter.... So really the trade off is not bad.