My first YUDU project



While at CHA earlier this summer one of the products I used which excited me the most was Provo Craft's YUDU, their screen print machine.  One of the make and takes during the vendor show used the YUDU so I got a bit of hands on experience.  I loved all of the projects they had made using the YUDU and came to realize that this could be a nice machine to own.

Well.... My YUDU arrived last week!  I went on line and watched the videos at Provo Craft's What do YUDO site and was both excited and scared to begin using the YUDU.  I wanted to make something that I would actually use, but not anything too difficult for my first project.  Finally, using PowerPoint, I created a design that I thought would look fine printed in a single color.  I spent Labor Day afternoon/evening working on the project.


I had to create my screen twice.  The first time one area was too light and the screen did not expose well.  I went back and darkened my art images and made a second screen (and making the screen is the time consuming part). Once the second screen was ready, everything worked perfectly.  I did a test print on a scrap piece of fabric, then I printed my sleep shirt.


I think that for a first try the shirt turned out great ... and it will be great for going to Sally's and Beth's family's lake house.  The other laker-girls will need laker-girl t-shirt/night shirts too.