Happy Labor Day


Happy Labor Day and BBTB2 Monday.  I hope that all of you have had a lovely long weekend.  We have had a nice relaxing weekend, I even managed to spend most of one full day in my scraproom.  It was very nice, I finished two BBTB2 challenges with The Sound of Music playing in the background!


This week's challenge cut at Bitten By the Bug 2 is a Reader's Choice where we had to use a number from the Mini Monograms cartridge.  I chose to use numbers as part of the face on my clock.  The clock is from the Picturesque cartridge.  I used the Amy Chomas mini pen holder and glitter pens to add the numbers to the clock face.  Amy's products are fabulous - in fact, I have added her button to my sidebar so that you can find her with ease.


The clock shadow cut used a super-heavy weight glitter cardstock.  I normally use the "multi cut" feature set for 2 cuts when cutting glitter cardstock.  This cardstock was soooo heavy it needed three multiple cuts to cut completely through.  The clock was affixed to burgundy Swiss dot cardstock. I used my favorite Stampin' Up border punch on the edges of the burgundy matting.
 
I used my printer to add a sentiment to the from of the card prior to cutting out the card.  I think this will be a wonderful anniversary card as the sentiment reads:  Every minute spent with you you makes me smile.  


I finished the card by adding layered flowers with gem centers over the clock flourish. I used three different flowers, white, black, and black & white.  I also added a smaller flourish in the blank area.  The small flourish was cut using Cindy Loo.


Please do go over and check out the design team projects at BBTB2.  I seem to be one of the few who was not ready to embrace Halloween just yet.