Remember the Christmas Cards from CKC?


Remember the Christmas card kit I purchased for $10 at the Creating Keepsakes Convention last month?  To recap, it was thirty cards, ten each of three designs.  Each card includes a wrap around jacket, a double sided insert with an acetate embellishment and epoxy sticky for the front, along with space for a photo and a personalized note on the back. While I liked the design, the paper and the concept, I was not crazy about the printed bands that wrapped around to hold the card closed.  So... I decided to give my cards a bit of a face lift.


With the help of my Cricut, the Storybook cartridge, Stampin' Up inks and Technique Tuesday mini Christmas stamps I created new wrap bands as well as stamped the tab inserts on the cards. I welded a tag and a long rectangular strip together and cut them with the Cricut.  For two of the designs I created an second smaller tag to use as an insert.  I think the stamped white topper looks great on the deep green and the blue wrappers. 


This is a close up of the deep green band.  I stamped the words and holly leaves in green ink then used Copic markers to color in the holly leaves.


I added the word JOY to the tab insert, along with a Christmas bulb on some of the inserts.


The first design I created was all in white.  In the end it was my least favorite of the three wrap styles, but it is SOOO much better than the printed bands that came with the cards.


And again a close up of the band section.


In the end the blue with the white tag was my favorite of the three.  I think the blue, brown, and green card is my favorite too.  So really it worked out well that I liked that band best.  All in all this was a very productive fact lift.  And this project had the added benefit of keeping me busy while I was waiting for the Yudu screen to develop!

ONE OTHER NOTE:  
JENNIFER - I am still waiting for you to contact me regarding the blog hop prize.  See the winner post below.